Things To Do In South Haven
Fun destinations and activities near Martha’s Vineyard Bed and Breakfast
- South Haven has a variety of things to do that will bring you back year after year. Many of our guests plan their vacation time around several of their favorite South Haven festivals and activities. Our guests always comment that for a small town, South Haven has a great selection of restaurants, from casual eateries to upscale dining. They enjoy shopping in many of our quaint stores and finding treasures to take home as memories of their visit.
- Along with the downtown shopping experience, our harbor walk and beaches are some of the finest. Miles of white sandy beaches for walking, sailing, kayaking, exploring. Hikers and bikers will also enjoy several of the wonderful trails and biking paths that the area has to offer. The Bangor/South Haven Heritage Water Trail offers 21 miles of canoeing and kayaking on the Black River.
- For those who enjoy hitting the links, we suggest Hawkshead and Beeches Golf Courses.
- Michigan Maritime Museum offers a full campus of exhibits, harbor walk map, and educational sessions. It is also home of “Friends Goodwill” and “The Lindy Lou” offering unique opportunities to sail on Lake Michigan.
- Foundry Hall provides musical concerts for the community. Providing Riverfront Concert Series every Thursday night (summer season) downtown marina and House Concerts (throughout the season.)
- Explore the artistic side of South Haven at the Center for The Arts
- Many of our guests enjoy wine tasting at several of the local wineries. Some of their favorites include Fenn Valley Winery, McIntosh Winery, Cogdal Winery, Warner Winery, and Twelve Corners. As our guests please be sure to ask about our special coupons.
- South Haven is home to several annual festivals, Harbor Fest in June, Blueberry Festival in August, Smooth Sunset in September, Haven Harvest in October, Women’s Only Weekend in November, and Ice Breaker Festival in February.
- Our guests soon realize that South Haven is Alive Anytime and there is plenty to do whenever you choose to visit us. Check out a full schedule of events at “Alive Anytime”